Are You Worthy?

Praise the Lord!
Come in my sisters and have a seat so we can drink some tea together. Today we are going to chat about...Are you worthy?

This weekend I sat around in my PJ...just eating and watching my saved-TIVO shows.
By Monday (which was Martin Luther King Day) I told my child to come and shower and get dress we had somewhere to go. My toddler asked me if I was going to change my pj top or if I was wearing it to the MLK Day event. In my child's mind, I had given up on taking care of myself.

We all have had those days when we just don't care about ourselves. We are tired and feeling lazy. We just feel like giving up. We don't have the energy to just do it. Enough is enough.

We just don't care how we look.
We just don't want to exercise.
We just don't want to stay on that diet.
We just don't want to take any more medications.

Who really cares? Isn't this our personal business. Who will notice if I have on the same shirt? How many times do we say these things to ourselves because we don't feel worthy? We feel we have somehow failed, because things aren't going how we want them to.

Our heavenly Father feels we are worthy. The Lord cares about what we do with our bodies.
He is concern that we are too fat, have high blood pressure, or our bodies are not working like it should. God wants us to keep taking care of ourselves physically as well as spiritually even though it is difficult each day. Its important to find time to make things happen in your life.

Lord, help me to see my own needs as well as others. Help me to realize my own self-worth and give me strength to go beyond my pain to see your Spirit grow in me. Father help me to do what I need to do to change my spiritual life. In Jesus Mighty Name, AMEN.

Comments