Christians Should Not Be Overweight

Praise the Lord!
Sisters thanks for stopping by for some tea. The word of God tells Christian that physical exercise is important but spiritual exercise is much more important, for it promises a reward in both this life and the next" (1 Tim. 4:8).

All modern Christian woman seems to struggle with weight. I stuggle with exercising every day. I find it very hard especially as I age. I just don't want to exercise. I think many of us beat ourselves up because we are suspose to have faith and self-control.

Christians women are suspose to know better we are suspose to be living testimonies but every event we have at church seems to revolve around food. If I had a gathering tonight at my home you would expect some sort of food. I tend to joke about my diet woe but this is not a funny thing.

If you struggle with weight and food that's when you turn to the word of God for strength.
His word reminds us that food is temporary pleasure. When we center our attention on food,
we take it off the Lord just like Eve did in the Garden of Eden.

Eve was attracted to what looked delicious she didn't focus on God. When you lose focus on God in life you allow the devil to distract you to things you don't need or want. Are you eating things based on your desires not your physical NEED. Are you letting the spirit of the Lord guide you at the dinner table?

Comments