Eunice Shriver An Encouraging Spirit

Eunice Shriver: An Encouraging Spirit

Sisters thanks for stopping by for tea time.
I want to remember Eunice Shriver--
who asked the question what more can YOU be doing?

Can you answer that question as you deal with issues
in your home, your children school, your community,
or even your church? Are you just complaining about
things or are you trying to make a difference?

I had the opportunity to meet her when I began my career in journalism. I was impressed that this woman saw a need and decided to do something about it.

This woman decided to take a step forward and fight for those in our society who are often ignored. She had a vision for change and she lobbied for the change to be a reality.

A woman whose vision has inspired more than 3 million people in all 50 states and 181 countries. As you go through your day dealing with your own issues. I want to remind you that there is nothing impossible for GOD.

Many people forget but people with disabilities were not always treated with respect in our country and throughout the world. In many communities having a child with disabilities is considered a "curse." Many families would hide their children in institutions.

Eunice Shiver vision changed the hearts of many people around the world. May the Lord give
us all courage to step into our destiny. To stand for what we believe in our heart is right, despite the opposition. The courage to take a small step towards making a difference.

As you go through your day, I will like to encourage you with the Special Olympics oath as you work on God's ministry in your life. The words of Mrs. Shriver, "What more can you be doing?"

Special Olympics oath:
Let me win, but if I cannot win
let me be brave in the attempt.

Comments