Chris Brown Dealing With the Man in the Mirror


Thanks to technology and email, many people have been sending me videos of the Chris Brown tribute to Michael Jackson. To be honest, I do not quite understand all the "hoopla." It seems like forgiveness is hard for most of us to grasp. It is hard to forgive others and for some of us it seems to take years for us to even forgive ourselves for our own shortcoming. Boy, I am sure grateful that I have a Savior because we don't naturally show mercy, grace and forgiveness when we've been hurt or wronged.

I am not sure why people feel the need to be shocked about Chris Brown. Many seem to be in gossip mode. I am not sure if all the people who emailed me information actually had any real concern about the young man emotional state. No one said, "Let's pray from him, he seems to be hurting." I think I was a bit annoyed. Are we surprise to see a man cry? Did he have a secret relationship with Michael? Was Michael his hero? mentor, etc? Has the ban on his music from radio, televion and live performance  hurt his career and made his desperate? Do some people think the lyrics of a Man in the Mirror is a metaphor for Brown's life? I am not sure, I am only speculating.

During the tribute at the BET Awards, Chris Brown broke down into tears and was unable to finish the song. He seem to be begging for forgiveness or maybe the entire situation is just getting to him. We all have our breaking point. However, our society has an issue with granting forgiveness. Once a person has done something wrong and then ask forgiveness what in the world should we do with them? Do we wait for them to break or have an emotional break down as Brown did and then we say okay we believe you or do we just ignore the persons emotional state?

Thank heaven for Jesus, who loves us and accepts us just the way we are. Even when we mess up, loose everything,  which we often do, he still manges to love us depite our shortcomings. The word reminds us, "The Lord our God is merciful and forgiving, even though we have rebelled against him;" (Daniel 9:9 New International Version)

Picture by contactmusic.com








Comments