Throwing Stones At Mel Gibson

Hello Sisters in Christ,
Have you notice how people can throw stones when things go wrong? Someone said to me, "look at that Mel Gibson he is now crazy and where are all those Christian like James Dobson?" At the time I didn't know what they were talking because I have been on vacation.

As a modern sister in Christ, I decided to goggle the headlines. I ran across things like "Mel Uses Racial Slurs," "Mel's Fallout Continues," according to TMZ website Mel Gibson hurt Oksana Grigorieva, his baby mother, by breaking her teeth. Now, I wasn't surprised by the fact that Mel is having some difficulties in life I am surprise that because he played Christ in a movie everyone assumed he was a Christian or even Christ.

Oh, its amazing how people do not want to hear the Word; however, when difficulty or problems arise they are waiting for the Word to bring them peace. I find it odd that non-Christians are waiting for Christian leaders such as James Dobson to criticize Mel Gibson on his current situation.

However, I forget, they are not Christians. Christians are taught in the the Bible which is the Word of God not to knock someone down like that. No one know what Mel Gibson is going through or if he is being dealt with by God. We all have to me careful about assuming what is going on in the lives of others.

The word reminds us: "If any one of you is without sin, let him be the first to throw a stone at ...,"
(John 8:7 NIV).


Comments