Are You A Good Sister in Christ?




Welcome Sisters, Come on in and lets chat about-- Are you a good sister in Christ?

A sister in Christ, means to me, that you provide Godly encouragement and support to another woman.

I received an email asking me about my greeting recently--why do I refer to everyone as my "Sisters." 

I must be honest, I never thought much about it. I've always had a circle of women who provided me with encouragement and support. I guess that's why I started this blog as an extension of the ministry I provide offline.

I must be honest, it bothers me to see my generation leaving the church. I am talking about Christians. Many who grew up in the faith. Leaving the church because many woman just do not know how to relate to other woman. And don't let the woman be different. I am also sick of the stereotype of a Christian woman.

Why is the perception of a Christian woman a scary person or "little Miss Perfect."  I mean who came up with this mess. There is a generation of women who have been damaged my this thinking. I want you to feel comfortable here at this site--lets chat about your walk in Christ. How are you doing? What areas need improvement? What are you struggling with? Its our duty as Christian women to sow a seed in the life of others.

Everyone is welcome to come by this site. My blog sisters, my real sisters, fake sisters, church sisters, famous sisters, writing sisters, shopping sisters, snobby sisters, single sisters, married sisters, working sisters, stay-at-home sisters, coffee/tea break sisters, praying sisters, bible study sisters, gardening sisters, sorority sisters and even some titus 2 sisters.

Its so important to have a place where you can go and get encouragement and support. Feel free to express yourself and share. Just try not to be too rude. I am big on manners. If you have biblical questions bring them on. If I do not know I will try to find the answer.

Tell us what you think, How important is it for Christian women to have a support group? Do Christian women need a group of friends outside of church? Should Christian women distance themselves from their non Christian Friends? Should Christians join non Christian women groups in general (Red Hat Society, professional organization, etc.)?

Sister Quotes:
Having a sister is like having a best friend you can't get rid of. You know whatever you do, they'll still be there. ~Amy Li

Is solace anywhere more comforting than in the arms of a sister. ~Alice Walker

If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child. ~Linda Sunshine

Brothers and sisters are as close as hands and feet. ~Vietnamese Proverb

A sister can be seen as someone who is both ourselves and very much not ourselves - a special kind of double. ~Toni Morrison

Sisters are different flowers from the same garden. ~Author Unknown

Comments

  1. Lady Aalis28.3.13

    I am Totally your sister in Christ!:)) I always strive to be an honorable sister.One who speaks life and encouragement to my family.I am elated to know I am not the only one out here!Keep the faith sista!!:))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great encouragement! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great encouragement! Thanks,

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment