Are You Dressing Femininely?

http://www.titus2atthewell.com
Sisters, come on in and grab a cup of tea and lets talk about ...dressing Femininely.

Before you yell at me, this is Monday challenge from the blog At the Well-Titus 2 Women. This is a 3 day challenge to change what you may or may not normally do -- dress more lady like. Yes, I mean wearing a skirt or dress.

We always seem to her the negative about beauty so I think many Christian women just try so hard to be the opposite of women in the world that we some times miss the point. I think the Lord does like us to be beautiful and modest.
I decide to explore the Word before I took on the challenge. I found some encourage words in Esther.

Esther 2:3 Let the king appoint commissioners in every province of his realm to bring all these beautiful young women into the harem at the citadel of Susa. Let them be placed under the care of Hegai, the king’s eunuch, who is in charge of the women; and let beauty treatments be given to them.
I took the challenge. I forced myself to do without my go to jeans and my favorite sweat pants (I know moms should not wear that because it makes us look flumpy).

I wore a very femine sun dress that just so happen to be long with heels. I curled my hair which gets on my nerve. I even put on a little make up. I went grocery shopping and ran errands.

The weird thing was ever where I went I notice all the cashiers called me "madame" or "Mrs." Men held the door and were very helpful by reaching up high in the grocery store to pass me things and asking me if I needed help.
To be honest today it felt like people were watching me. I don't know if they were curious if I was just running in from work or what it was but I noticed a difference. I guess the perception of a lady in a dress is really true. We look more lady-like and people in turn treat us differently.

When my husband got home he asked me where I was going all dressed up. Yes, I wonder if I look like a hot mess to him on a regular?

What difference will your clothing choice make?
So, the challenge is simple, this week, wear a dress or a skirt for at least 3 days. After you are done, I’d love to hear your thoughts.

Comments