Take Time And Rest with the Lord


Sisters, come on in and grab a cup  of tea and lets talk about ...Resting with the Lord. 

The Lord wants us to rest. On the seventh day what did the Lord do? Rest!

Are you ready to take a "Time Out" from your busy life?

Have you already taken a vacation this summer?

Resting is a biblical act. If the Lord modeled this act then it must be something important for us to do.

This blog idea came up after a discussion I had with someone in ministry, who was bragging that they never take a vacation.

Yes, never! 

This person was very proud that they just work and work for the Lord. I was thinking to myself...how sad, if the Lord saw it important to rest, why wouldn't you?

How sad, to never get a mental break from your job, especially in ministry.
Let me be honest, I can not even understand the choice to just work like that how can one be effective mentally in ministry? 

This morning, the Lord led me to Psalm 3: 3-6
3But you are a shield around me, O LORD;
you bestow glory on me and lift up my head.
4To the LORD I cry aloud,
and he answers me from his holy hill. Selah
5I lie down and sleep;
I wake again, because the LORD sustains me.
6I will not fear the tens of thousands
drawn up against me on every side." (Psalm 3:3-6)

The word Selah kept standing out as I read. The Hebrew word Selah. The words translates to mean "stop and listen" or "forever." Sela means rock. What is the Lord trying to tell us about resting in this passage?

I think the Lord wants us to rest in him. He know I need to rest, I do some much in a year and I need several mental breaks in a year. The Psalm reminds me: Its good to take time and not worry about life. It is good to relax because we give the Lord all the cares of our life.

Today, I am going to enjoy the beach and relax. I have turned off my phone and once I finish this entry. The computer will be turned off. I am going to take time and reflect on how the Lord has been faithful in my life.

I am going to relax. I am going to soak up some some sun because the Lord is handling all the issues in my life. The scripture reminds us to rest in the Lord because he will sustain us. Wow! I am going to cry out to the Lord about the things he has brought me through this year and then sleep on the beach, lol. I don't know about anyone else, but I am going to enjoy my time of rest.

Join me in Prayer:
Lord, we worry so much, I pray that you would teach me more deeply in my heart to rest in your faith and confidence.

Help me to unload my fears at your feet. Help me to lay down before you all my problems and issues. Lord teach me to rest the weight of my life upon You. In Jesus' name, I pray. Amen.

Enjoy your day!
                       

Comments