Back Home...After Needed Break


Sisters, come on in and grab a cup of tea and lets talk about ... being back after needed summer break. I needed a much needed time of Shalom.

According to Strong's Concordance 7965 Shalom also means completeness, wholeness, health, peace, welfare, safety soundness, tranquility, prosperity, perfectness, fullness, rest, harmony, the absence of agitation or discord. Shalom comes from the root verb shalom meaning to be complete, perfect and full. In modern Hebrew the obviously related word Shelem means to pay for, and Shulam means to be fully paid.

I need time to rest. I always find it weird when people say they never take time off or vacation. They never need time to rest. I read my word but I tried very hard not to write anything down so one thing wouldn't lead me into any kind of work, lol.

This vacation I left all the electronics home and just relaxed, lol. I had an opportunity to country hop.

The picture is of a town in Belize. I din't get to go around the town too much because I couldn't take the heat. For some reason the temperature seemed very oppressive to me. I was able to buy some silver jewelery which I love. The cutest thing to me was the little children practicing their writing while their mothers worked their craft stall.

It was such a good break to be unconnected and not being able to be reached my anyone. My cell phone didn't work any way. I had the opportunity to peak into the lives of several people from several countries and that in itself is a blessing.

Sorry, I had to ignore this blog. I didn't take too many pictures because I just wanted to enjoy my surroundings I wanted to have a time of total relaxation. I enjoyed the ocean, swan, drank cocoa nut milk and seafood. I had a fabulous time.

Have you had an opportunity take some time for yourself this summer?
Are you ready for the fall?

Comments

  1. So glad that you got to spend some time resting...and that you came through Belize. It is a beautiful country and even though this is the rainy season the heat can be unbearable at times. If you ever make it back this way it would be fun to meet up over a cold glass of watermelon juice :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment