Have You Just Been Eating Bread?

Sisters, come on in and grab a cup of tea and lets talk about ...Have You Just Been Eating Bread? 

A few years ago, while enjoying my tea and toast and reading a magazine, God spoke to my heart and said, "you give the best part of your day to your toast and the magazine, what about Me?" Ouch!

Then, The Lord led my mind to Matthew 4:4 which says, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God." This caused me to study the meaning of "live by God's Word" and I found that it means we are not just to dabble in and taste His Word, but we are to literally exist by it.

In other words, we should not just read the word of God, but we have to let the word transform our lives. This literally means, read it, believe it, and apply it. When we do this then we will truly experience what Scripture means when it says, "Thy Words were found, and I did eat them." (Jeremiah 15:16)

In these end times, we can't afford to only "taste" or "sample" God's Word because then we won't be able to stand against the wiles of the enemy and all the events of the last days.

Just like our physical diet affect our physical body. I truly believe that we grow only in proportion to the daily diet of God's Word that we are "eating." I know personally that my daily actions are largely determined by the amount of time I spent in the Word that day.

Only in reading and eating God's Word will I be reminded to put off the garbage in my own thinking and put on the Mind of Christ. Then, I'll be "ready" and "prepared" for whatever God allows into my life.

Our life depends upon our daily eating God's Word. "...Faith cometh [how?] by hearing, and hearing by the Word of God." (Romans 10:17).

Enjoy Holy Week!

Comments