Let's talk about ...Christian Women Getting Fit.
Well Ladies, Let's take a challenge and get fit by July 20th.
Can you do it?
Can you do something in the next 6 weeks to change and improve your overall health and wellness?
I notice my church friends in particular hate talking about taking care of themselves. I don't know if its because we have been doing "brunch" for years or what the issue is, really? When is the last time your pastor preached a sermon on the topic of health? I don't think I have ever heard that sermon but I have noticed the amount of sickness among the members of my church.
Have you noticed how people freak out when you even suggest or speak about fasting and praying. They act like your crazy or sinning because you decide to go on a food fast. Have you noticed you can find more people to go out to dinner with than you can who will meet you at the park to exercise? Ladies, let's be honest. Yes, You can still be cute and fashionable even when your heavy; however, are you really healthy? My challenge is for ladies like me who are sick and tired of being heavy.
Do you want to change your health and wellness?
If you keep doing the same thing you will get the same result--you will remain unhealthy. Yes you will have to sweat, throw some things away and do things differently. If you avoid it today, don't complain about your health issues tomorrow.
Okay modern Christian ladies are you ready?
Today I want you to do 5 things:
1. Look in the mirror. Then take your weight and measurement. Record the information on a wall calendar.
2. Read a bible verse on health and wellness every morning. Pray that the Lord will keep you focus on the task. For example:
1 Corinthians 3:17 If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him. For God's temple is holy, and you are that temple.
1 Corinthians 9:27 But I discipline my body and keep it under control, lest after preaching to others I myself should be disqualified
1 Corinthians 6:13 “Food is meant for the stomach and the stomach for food”—and God will destroy both one and the other. The body is not meant for sexual immorality, but for the Lord, and the Lord for the body.
Romans 14:20 Do not, for the sake of food, destroy the work of God. Everything is indeed clean, but it is wrong for anyone to make another stumble by what he eats.
3. On the calendar, on July 20th write 16 pounds our goal weight. We need to stay healthy so we can't go too much over 16 pounds.
4. Get a water bottle. You know we have to increase the water and decrease the soda to just one a week.
5. We have to move. What will you do to move? You have to move everyday. The first thing you can do this week is park not close to the store but a little farther. Leave the close park to those who need it. You need to walk. It doesn't matter what you do but you have to do something for at least 30 minutes. Start out slow. Find a free class or see what they have on your cable network or find a fitness channel.
Ladies we are going to officially start next Monday. Are you ready? Let me know if you will try it.