6 Week Club: Banana Ice Cream A Healthy Alternative




Sisters, Come on in and grab a cup of tea. Let's talk about ... Banana Ice Cream A Healthy Alternative.

I love sweets and I love ice cream. In the summer its hard for me to give up ice cream.
The heat makes me feel I just need the dessert.

I want to write a cookbook so I can't give you all my island girl secrets but banana is one of my favorites fruits because you can make bread, pancakes, ice cream, potato chips, cake, muffins, smoothie, cookies with them. Its king in the island and its great for your health.

Okay here is one of my grandma's recipe, you can use but not publish it:

A banana is only105 calories, 27 grams of carbohydrate, 3 grams of fiber and 1 gram of protein. That is nothing as far as your diet. You also get potassium, vitamin C, and B6. Bananas are also free of fat and cholesterol. Yes!!!! That is what I am talking about a great treat.

All you ladies who have cooking challenges you can do this. I learned this recipe when I was 7 years old so you can do it. Here are the steps:

1. Just take your banana and slice it in many small pieces.
2. Place in Ziploc bag for overnight.
3. The net day put in blender or mix by hands until the banana is creamy.
You can eat it straight from the blender or you can add more things to it like caramel,nts or vanilla.
If you are trying to loose weight just eat it pain in a cone.

4. You can re-freeze the mixture to make it hard. It will become more like the store brands.

That is it, very simple. You don't need to add milk and other things. People in the island are generally not fat so trust me keep it simple for the 6 Week Club. We want to loose weight and enjoy a treat.

Enjoy, Thanks grandma.
 

Comments