TITUS 2 TUESDAY: Saving on Clothing





Sisters in Christ,

Come on in and grab a cup of cucumber water. Today I decide to join the TITUS 2 TUESDAY. I would like to encourage all my readers and those just hoppin by to think of ways you can save money on your clothing budget.

I am personally trying to save for a big family trip next. In order to do this we decide to do things that will save the family money. In my life clothing is one of those areas.

Today I was so proud of my self because for this fall I decide to purchase things only at discount stores, outlets or thrift stores. If I buy in regular retailers online or in person I have to shop the Clearance racks. I just realize that I'm getting older and really can't afford to just waste my money. I'm not being a good steward with the Lord's money.

Luke 15:13And not many days later, the younger son gathered everything together and went on a journey into a distant country, and there he squandered his estate with loose living.

Today I went to the thrifting at Goodwill. I was surprise by all the designer shoes at my neighborhood Godwill. I was so upset because most of the sizes were too small for me, AWHHHH! I was so upset there were Coach sneakers, Timberland boots, and lots of Bandalinos. I even saw a Salvatore Ferragamo black flats, if you don't know they are $400 at retail. I couldn't get my big toe in the shoe, lol.

I did manage to find 2 shirts and a pair of shoes. I will show you later. I am so proud of my $10 deal. I got a silk shirt for $2.50. Wow!!!! I normally pay $40 - 50 for a plus size shirt. It felt so good to save all that money. I don't want to go overboard because the clothes are cheaper. I am still trying to get my closet right so I don't plan to fill it back up so quickly.

I use other methods to save on clothes too, I download barcode apps that show you price differences. I join any website that gives coupons like groupon and Retail Me Not. Purchase magazine that give you coupons like All For You. Get on everyone email list so you will get coupons. If you go through your closet and make a list of your needs then you can focus more on you shopping deals. And please don't buy something just because its on sale. We want to save on clothes wisely.

The children will buy into your saving idea when they know there if a family goal attached to it.

Psalm 37:4Delight yourself in the Lord; And He will give you the desires of your heart.

Cornerstone Confessions - See more at: http://cornerstoneconfessions.com/2013/07/t2t-linky-party-61.html
 

Comments

  1. Hi there! well done on your thrift purchases and thanks for stopping by too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment