Commentary: Pastors in L.A. Reality Show


Disclaimer: The Commentary you are about to read are the opinion of the writer and in no way express the views of this ministry or anyone connected to it.     

1 John 4:1-6 says Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, for many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God, and every spirit that does not confess Jesus is not from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you heard was coming and now is in the world already. Little children, you are from God and have overcome them, for he who is in you is greater than he who is in the world. They are from the world; therefore they speak from the world, and the world listens to them. ...

Pho Credit: IndieWire.com
 

 







"Pastor in L.A." is a docu-series starring Noel Jones and Detrick Haddon. As well as, Bishop Clarence McClendon, Pastor Wayne Chaney, Bishop Ron M. Gibson,and  Lead Pastor Jay Haizlip.

I really wanted to like this show because I saw Mary, Mary show which I thought wasn't bad and I got to see them behind the scene. However, this show was a disgrace. Simply, a "HOT MESS!"

The show is really about pastors loosing their passion and way. I sharing my reaction to watching this show. I think my I.Q. may have drop a couple. As a Christian raised in the church I was just plain angry. I just didn't need to know the behind the scene character of these men.

But God needed me to realize that HIS word is true. Everyone who calls the name of the Lord is not going to be honest. The characters on the show idolize their worldly possessions. A few seek secular stardom and the rest seem to only care about expanding their business. They make it clear they do not have a ministry. It seems like they missed their true calling and have found out a way to "pimp" the church.

 

I thank the Lord for my gift of discernment, reading and comprehension of the his word. This show made me realize the importance of actually read the WORD for yourself because a few of the pastors were twisting the scripture for their financial purpose. The Word talks about false prophets. A false prophet is one who falsely claims the gift of prophecy or divine inspiration, or who uses that gift for evil ends.

I don't know their testimony and what caused them to become so worldly but they are not reading their WORD. They need an older pastor to mentor them but their arrogance may be the reason some of them have a "god complex." I felt like I am watching pastors who are about to fall because the Lord's Word not to come back void.

As a woman ministry leader, I'm trying to find the teachable moment in this show, I am hoping views learned about:

1. "Trained" women are women men choose because he can train them. These women will support their men even when they are doing wrong. In the church they may make excuses that they are just being submissive even though it is not. A Christian woman respects her husband but she knows she can not follow him into SIN. .

2. Women on a string is a woman who a man keeps on belief that they will eventually get together. A Christian woman knows to TRUST the Lord in all their heart. She knows not to waste her time with a married man. She knows the Lord won't bless her marriage if she breaks someone else marriage. She makes it clear that a man must marry her in order to get the benefits of marriage. She cares enough about herself that she will not settle for being a modern day "bed" warmer.

3. Unequally Yoked is dating/marrying a non Christian man. A Christian woman realize this type of relationship will cause some moral conflicts. A non Christian will not understand why "shacking" or sex before marriage is wrong. A bible believing man of the Lord knows the difference.

4. Being A Humble Servant is giving of ones self. A Christian woman knows not to take advantage of those less fortunate. A Christian woman knows its wrong to use others. A Christian woman does not imitate the world order.

5. God Complex is thinking one if above the Lord. A Christian woman in ministry knows who and whom gave her the gifts and where her blessing comes from. She knows there is no "I" in Jesus, she knows she is not higher than the Lord.

I will not be watching this show again. False prophets have been around for years. Rev. Ike and Peter Popoff  are famous for selling miracle trinkets for years. This generation of false prophets promote themselves, money, cars, houses, fancy food, and things. They feel when you hear them "THEY" are the one who are saving you and changing your life. As the young people say, they are "believing their own hype."

However, this isn't new. The Lord wanted me to remind you of  Simon the Sorcerer:

 Act 8: 17-25
17 Then Peter and John placed their hands on them, and they received the Holy Spirit.
18 When Simon saw that the Spirit was given at the laying on of the apostles’ hands, he offered them money 19 and said, “Give me also this ability so that everyone on whom I lay my hands may receive the Holy Spirit.”
20 Peter answered: “May your money perish with you, because you thought you could buy the gift of God with money! 21 You have no part or share in this ministry, because your heart is not right before God. 22 Repent of this wickedness and pray to the Lord in the hope that he may forgive you for having such a thought in your heart. 23 For I see that you are full of bitterness and captive to sin.”
24 Then Simon answered, “Pray to the Lord for me so that nothing you have said may happen to me.”
25 After they had further proclaimed the word of the Lord and testified about Jesus, Peter and John returned to Jerusalem, preaching the gospel in many Samaritan villages.

I think the Lord is clear. Getting paid for sharing the Lord's "anointing" on your life is not right. I couldn't believe when I heard one of the characters say "if a church can not pay 10K then they can not afford "MY" anointing." I think the pastor forgot to read Acts 8, verse 20 because it clearly says may your money perish with you.

I wouldn't play with the Lord but if you read his word you would know better.


*SOME PICTURES & VIDEOS ON THIS POST FROM THE WEB

Comments