Making Time For the Lord



Sisters in Christ, Come on in and grab a cup of tea. Let's talk about ...Making Time For the Lord.

I am not talking about Sunday but on Monday thru Saturday. Do you value your relationship with the Lord?

Are you so busy that you are neglecting the Lord? Do you let twitter, your I phone, emails, etc. keep you from making time for the Lord?

How can you call yourself having a relationship with someone if you never talk to them? Imagine, if your husband never spoke to you. You just lived in the same house you ate together but you never spoke a word? Imagine, the guy your trying to marry doesn't want to talk to you?

That would be crazy, wouldn't you think that? But many of you always roll over in your warm bed and never make time to have devotion or prayer with the Lord. Oh I know you may be busy and you have so much to do but imagine if the Lord thought like you do?

You know the saying, "Actions speak louder than words?" Well let's be honest ladies, can you answer the following questions with Always. If you can then you are on the right track. If you can't hnonestly say yes, "always." Then you need to make some changes in your life.

1. I have a daily quiet time
2. I read my bible daily
3. I keep a prayer list and pray for people on it
4. I keep peace with others (family, friends & coworkers)
5. I study my bible each week
6. I memorize scripture each week
7. I feel close to the Lord every day.

Let me know how you are doing.

 

Comments

  1. Hey Sis, this was right on point. Spending time with God has always been a big struggle for me. My boyfriend and I have 3 children, 2 of which are mine. We work all of the time and it seems that there is absolutely no time to get quiet before God. If I do at night I fall asleep...fail. I have been trying to work on it because God supplies all of our needs. He blessed us with jobs, food and shelter, etc. It just makes sense to give God His FIRST. This post was right on time. I think you may inspired my next post!

    www.msjrivers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment