Nelson Mandela Remembered


Sisters in Christ, Come on in and grab a cup of tea. Let's talk about ... Nelson Mandela Remembered.

In college, I had the opportunity to be an ambassador to three South African Students. They were from different cast systems in their country. I didn't understand the struggle at the time; however, I do recall one of the students explaining to me what would happen to her if she lost her pass to move around in her country. She shared her struggles living under such conditions.

South Africa at the time seemed so far away however, I was outrage by how so many had to live in modern times. I remember the boycotts of oil companies and soft drinks. I remember how serious students were in America about boycotting and helping to make a difference to people on the other side of the world.

I remember Winnie Mandela, She stood by her man. She fought for her man. She kept his spirit alive while he was away. I was sadden to see them split up but I admired her support to her husband.
I remember Nelson Mandela how he remained dedicated to his cause and despite all the evil he experienced he seemed like such a humble and forgiving man. Despite all the negative things he continued to work for the good of his country.

It is a honor just having the opportunity to observe men like this who the Lord uses for big things greater than themselves. Unfortunately, we do not always see many "great" people in a generation.
Men/Women who seemed to be used by the Lord for something "BIG."

 

Comments