Megyn Kelly: 'Santa & Jesus, Which Is White

Sisters in Christ, Come on in and grab a cup of tea. Let's talk about ... Megyn Kelly: Santa &
 Jesus, Which is White?

I don't want to offend my regular Christian Readers with this but I felt the urge to address this reporters comments.

Okay, it all started when Kelly responded to an article written by Aisha Harris, who is a Slate culture blogger for Brow Beat. She stated in the article that "Santa as a white man hurt children of other races." Everyone should be free to share their own story. It was sad to see another woman bad mouthing another woman's experience.

I am going to digress a bit. At church, how do you treat women whose testimonies are different form your own? Do you judge church members whose story is a little rough around the edge?

Should Santa & Jesus only be shown as "white?" Does anyone have a picture of Santa or Jesus so we can see for ourselves? Would you be insulted if you saw any of the following Santa's below?




 
 
 
 
 

Did you feel offended that the Santa above were not German or Russian? Would you take your child to take a picture with a Santa who doesn't look like them?

Please share your upbring, and cultural Mores.

Megyn Kelly may have been telling a joke ...right????!! No she may say that after the fact. I know she doesn't have children because the topic was not appropriate for children to hear.

What were you taught about Santa?
I personally was taught about St. Nicholas who was a man who had a ministry for kids. He saw poor children without and so he gave them toys to make them happy.When I came to America people were REALLY into Santa. My culture focused more on the religious day of Christmas and Boxing Day. I was taught that mom and dad worked hard to give you gifts. Santa left the same stocking every year. He was too pour to replace it for all the children in the world. Santa NEVER left good gifts he had to provide for everyone so he only left candy and pajamas. That was it. Mom and dad brought everything else. All the good stuff.

Maybe I had comprehension issues because in our family album I have different pictures of Santa. Santa was white one year, black the next, Hispanic in New York and Asian when we went to Philly. To be honest I never thought about his color. I just wanted gifts for Christmas. We use to look though catalogs and wish for gifts. I went to church so I knew it was Jesus birthday and I never put the two together or wonder one way or the other who brought my gifts.


I always knew Jesus was black because he was born in Africa. I read the description of Jesus in the bible. I don't remember anyone teaching me otherwise. We had the picture below in our dining room so maybe if you came to my childhood home it would seem foreign if you are not an African American.


 Does the color of Santa and Jesus matter? Well to Aeisha Harris it does and she tried to
share her experience.

Click below to hear for yourself:
"For all you kids watching at home, Santa just is white. But this person is maybe just arguing that we should also have a black Santa. But, you know, Santa is what he is, and just so you know, we're just debating this because someone wrote about it, kids.
For good measure, she also assured the children that Jesus was white too—something that is far from a settled question."


Please share your opinions.

Comments