Thrifty Success for Plus Size Fashionista



Sisters in Christ, Come on in and grab a cup of tea. Let's talk about ...Thrifty Success for Plus Size Fashionista.

If you look good, you will feel good. There is no reason why anyone looks a "hot mess." There are so many shopping options not matter your budget. Ladies, take the time to develop and perfect your style this year while you save money.

You do not need to spend a lot of money to look fabulous. I challenge you to try thrift shopping without getting frustrated this year. If you are a shopaholic this is a great way to stay on your budget and also look good.

I am a mommy and a blogger. I personally do not make a lot of money; however, I like looking like a well put together millionaire. I look fabulous and I do not spend a lot of money. I am a good steward with the Lord's money.

I haven't been a department store shopper for some time. I tend to purchase most of my things through fabulous stores like Maxi's (T.J. Maxx), Ross, Marshall, Target, Kohl and whoever has a great sale and if I have a coupon. I also have mastered online clearance shopping. My dream is for my kids to complete college debt free.

Do not believe the hype. There are plus size fashions at most local Thrift Stores. One may have to search several stores but it is not impossible to find some great looks. I find them all the time the time. First, you can not go shopping without your Master Needs List.

A Master Needs List is all the things you want to get. I am searching for a nice black t-shirt  from the thrift store. I have silver pumps on my list. I am waiting to find them at a discount price (I don't buy used shoes...its just me). However, there are many great second hand shoes.

Thrifty Fashionista's know you have to sometimes wait for the exact product you may need. You have to be willing to wait. And wait. And wait. You are not going to get everything on your list the first time you go out. You have to be patient and not buy other stuff to make up for the fact that you didn't find what you want. Remember when you wait, you are saving money, by not impulse buy.

We do not want to fill our home with clutter so you need to shop smart. Buy what you need or want. Do not buy things just because they are on sale or because it is just there. Unless you are reselling as a side business on Ebay, Claiglist or consignment shops.. Stay focused on your Master Needs List.

Plus Size Fashionista Rules:
1. Make a inventory of your closet. Its time consuming but it will save you time and money. Clean out your closet and see what you really have. How many jeans, stretch pants, sneakers, etc. This will give you a real list of what you need and can afford to add to your collection.

2.  Donate ALL the stuff you hate. Many women keep things they hate in their closet. 2014 we want to DO THING RIGHT! If you haven't wore it in a year its time to donate or throw away.

3. ONLY buy what fits. It seems obvious however, many women find themselves getting caught up with how cute something is and they just purchase merchandise. Do not buy things that need to be mended or with stain or that needs to be dry clean.

4. If you do not love, leave it. Just because it is $3.00 doesn't mean you HAVE to buy it. I don't believe in clutter and if you are not careful you will become a special guest on HOARDERS.

5. Once you bring your merchandise home. You need to disinfect and clean. Try it on your new fashion and decide how you will incorporate them with your current clothes collection. Read fashion magazines and search the web for some really creative ideas. Learn to upscale your fashions--you can mix and match and stretch your wardrobe.

6. Don't forget to give back. Once you get use to thrifty you will become addicted and will try not to do retail again, lol. Many fashionista rotate and donate their thrifty collections. You can donate them to your favorite store and purchase a whole new wardrobe. If you enjoy more designer looks then check out consignment shops.

Please let me know about your favorite thrift store find.



 

Comments