Turn Thrift Store Find into Fashion Statement

Blog: Crafting A Green World: Used a Sweater







Sisters in Christ, Come on in and grab a cup of tea.
Let's talk about ... Turn Thrift Store Find into Fashion Statement.

I know everyone is thinking about the brand new gift they want for Christmas. However, not everyone can afford something NEW. I love clothes and I love thrifting. Thrifting forces one to be a good steward with their money. That's a biblical statement. I realize after looking at my out of control closet that I have wasted a lot of money on clothes I don't like or wear. I've been trying to figure out what to do with all the clothes I don't care for.


  • Blog: Bee In My Bonnet





Thrifting have allowed me to change my style.
I have been forced to become more creative. I have been able to buy unusual colors in shoes
because if I had to buy full price

I would stay with neutral colors. I have found some great designer merchandise at a cheap price.

I have a love for clothes and as a plus size girl
I have had a hard time finding things that fit to my body shape. Thrifting has allowed me to get into sewing and tailoring my fashion.

I am in the process of developing a Shop My Closet website, just for plus size fashionistas. I have some great pieces that are quite unique and appropriate for church but still stylish. I figured if I sell my things I will have money to shop. I guess I will be saving the environment by recycling. That is a good thing too.



"Upcycle" or "Re-Fashioning" is another great thrift shop technique to save money. To can make something out of your thrifty find. This is great for all creative girls out there. It takes a certain type of eye to see the possibilities in a material. I love this because it also teaches you to be content. It means that in your closet you truly have everything you need. You can make something out of nothing.

Please tell me about your thrift store adventure.

Comments